Friday, October 2, 2009

New Game Title!

So out of all the submissions I got, I've decided to go with Reminiscence! However, as someone astutely pointed out, that makes the game sound very serious and doesn't quite allude to the sense of humor injected within the game. So, as a result, the title of the game will be Reminiscence: The WTF Saga! I feel that Reminiscence is really what the game is about, going back to how RPGs used to be and I feel it's a fitting title. And as for the WTF saga, well, use your imagination there (it's World That's Forgotten, you potty mouths...).

In other news, after about 5 days of feeling like one of those public restroom seat covers that was dropped on the ground near the toilet and stepped on by about 200 different people, I can finally get back on track with the game development. Stay tuned for more updates!

3 Responses to “New Game Title!”

fortuna said...

aww wtf i wanted it to be fortuna o well

Scott said...

Hey I played through the demo...It's sweetness! Now finish it so I can play the rest! I think this game is probably better than most games of its type because you have a good sense of humor. Most parody-ish games I've seen are hideous, like Mario brothers, except with a penis. This game actually has intelligent humor to it, I like it a lot.

I wonder, is there a point in the game where each of the characters will be important in their own way? I got through the demo and didn't use three of the guys (and only used the fifth one very briefly). Just curious to see if you'd need to keep them leveled up too, or if they would level on their own (a la FFVII) or if you could just ignore them and make the party you use good enough to take anything on.

All told, very nice work, man. Keep it up!

Steve said...

Thanks Scott.

You reminded me that the blog is in dire need of an update which I shall give it by tomorrow.

I do have sections of the game planned for the use of individual party members. If they're not in your party, the game will hint at their need to be there, so you'll have a chance to run back and get them. Some power leveling may be required (taking a noob in the party with three strong guys to fight high reward monsters) depending on who you bring with you and when. Some of the sections won't even revolve around battles... like I said, depends on who is needed at that time.

Thanks for the motivation!

Leave a Reply